Isabella Jane Goodloe and Albert Elvie Hankins (*2nd Great-grandparents, Hankins)
165 Years Ago: Albert Hankins married Isabella Jane Goodloe on 24 October 1855 in Hopkins County, Kentucky. P. S. Loving, a Baptist minister, performed the ceremony at the home of the bride’s father, John E. Goodloe.
Their marriage lasted less than fifteen years, possibly less than ten. Albert died sometime between 1863 and 1870. Exactly when and how he died is unknown, but one story is that he was mistaken for a Confederate deserter and shot.
They had four children born between 1856 and 1863—John Houston, Thomas Leander, James W., and Mary Madore. Isabella Jane’s parents were John Emerson Goodloe and Eliza Ann Dobyns. Albert’s parents were Houston G. Hankins and Mary Weeks.
Lula Mae Hopkins (*Great-aunt, Hopkins)
- Died 31 Years Ago: 18 October 1989, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida
- Buried: Garden of Memories Cemetery, Tampa
- Parents: James Arton Hopkins and Lucinda Howard
William Washington Lanier and Charlotte Jackson (*2nd Great-grandparents, McCauley)
- Married 185 Years Ago: 22 October 1835, Meriwether County, Georgia
- William’s Parents: James Lanier and Polly Y. Smith
- Charlotte’s Parents: Samuel W. Jackson and Lavinia Malone
Sarah “Sallie” Belle Lanier Cooksey (*Great-aunt, McCauley)
- Died 100 Years Ago: 23 October 1920, New York City (Manhattan), New York County, New York
- Buried: Woodlawn Cemetery, New York City, Bronx County, New York
- Parents: Joseph Smith Lanier and Nancy Jane Bennett
- Spouse: Frank Cooksey
Emma Ewers Taylor (*Maternal Grandmother, Taylor)
- Born 120 Years Ago: 24 October 1900, Mt. Vernon, Rockcastle County, Kentucky
- Parents: John Cook Taylor and Emma Jane Owens